5 Must Know Facts to Help You Shed Stubborn Abdominal Fat
Abdominal fat is the most stubborn of all the fats. Most of us struggle to reduce belly fat and some have yo-yo results which means, they lose but gain back again and others fail to get results. Let us learn more to understand how best we can address this stubborn problem.
Abdominal fat is of two types Subcutaneous fat and Visceral fat.
Subcutaneous fat is the fat that is stored just beneath the skin. While having some subcutaneous fat is normal and necessary for insulation and protection, excess subcutaneous fat can lead to a larger waistline and increased risk of obesity-related health issues. Other risks of abdominal fat include fatty liver disease, sleep apnea, reduced lung function, joint problems and certain cancers.
Visceral fat is the fat that accumulates around the organs such as the liver, pancreas, and intestines. It is linked to an increased risk of various health conditions, including cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome.
Visceral fat is considered more harmful than subcutaneous fat because it is metabolically active and can release hormones and chemicals that contribute to inflammation, insulin resistance, and other health problems.
It is more challenging to lose weight as we age due to various physiological reasons like muscle loss, slow metabolism and hormonal shift. Normally, only about 10% of the total fat in the body should be visceral fat. Our diet, lifestyle, stress, sleep and ethnicity (Indians are more prone to central obesity) are factors that affect abdominal fat deposition.
Following are 5 must know facts to help you shed stubborn abdominal fat.
- Avoid sleeping right after eating – Sleeping slows down metabolism and delays digestion. Moving or walking is best if you want to lose that stubborn abdominal fat around the hip & belly region.
- Strength training – Strength training along with aerobic workout improves muscle mass and helps in active burning of calories and helps in abdominal fat reduction.
- Avoid or cut down on alcohol – Alcohol is particularly associated with fat in the midsection, it is high in calories, leads to unhealthy cravings and prevents calorie burning.
- Include soluble fiber – Studies show that soluble fiber increases feeling of fullness and reduces calorie consumption.
- Avoid processed and sugary foods – High calorie and fatty foods tend to increase abdominal fat deposition, avoiding them helps in belly & hip fat reduction.
Consider adding a Nutritionist recommended dietary supplement such as ActiFiber Natural Lean and Fit. It promotes healthy fat loss and weight loss, targets abdominal fat and helps you get lean & fit naturally. It is Clinically Proven, 100% plant origin with no additives and its safety is approved worldwide and in India.
How does Actifiber Lean and Fit work?
It works in 3 simple steps : (1) Regulates Appetite Better (2) Supports Healthy & Sustained Weight Reduction (3) Helps Reduce Body Fat. To support reduction of abdominal fat, the plant bioactive present in Actifiber Lean and Fit blocks the enzyme which produces excess fatty acids, thus preventing the formation of new fatty acids making it harder for the body to store additional fat. It also enhances breakdown of stored fatty acid to be used as energy.
Just add one sachet to a glass of water and consume it half an hour before your 2 main meals (lunch/dinner) everyday. ActiFiber works best when combined with a healthy balanced diet and regular exercise.