Bananas – A natural way to improve Digestive Health
- Bananas are a good source of several major nutrients like carbohydrates, fiber, sugars and micronutrients, including potassium, vitamin B6, and vitamin C. They also contain various antioxidants and plant compounds.
- There are thousands of varieties of bananas; ripe and unripe bananas impart different health benefits depending on the nutritional content.
- Under ripe bananas are rich in resistant starch that functions like prebiotics and escapes digestion in the upper digestive system and helps keep your gut bacteria healthy. It can also increase the production of short-chain fatty acids like butyrate which contributes to digestive health and also reduces the risk of colon cancer
- It reduces appetite, gives satiety, and keeps fuller for a longer period.
- Very ripe ones are high in sugar and low in fiber and contain rapidly digestible starch which gets metabolized into glucose and gives a quick burst of energy. It also reduces constipation.
- Bananas reduce the acidity of gastric juices by covering the gut lining of ulcer patients, it reduces the pain of ulcers and other gastrointestinal diseases.
- Studies show that bananas are an ideal choice for diarrhoea treatment, replace the lost electrolytes like potassium during bouts of diarrhoea that makes you feel weak.
You can also improve your Digestive health by including ActiFiber Natural Gut strength with Synbiotic Advantage in your daily diet. The perfect blend of prebiotic & probiotic in ActiFiber Natural Gut strength has clinically proven ingredients to enhance gut microbiota, reduce bad bacteria which triggers common frequent infections, Strengthen Gut Immunity and Support Digestive Health.