Recurrent Constipation? Here’s What Experts Recommend.
Constipation is a condition in which bowel movements become less frequent and stools become hard and painful to pass. Untreated & recurrent constipation can lead to more serious problems.
What are the Common Causes of Constipation?
- Imbalanced Diet like Low fiber diet, too much processed food, not drinking enough water
- Unhealthy Lifestyle with Lack of physical activity, overuse of laxatives
- Health Issues such as Diabetes, hormonal problems
- Medications like Painkillers, Iron, antidepressants
- Structural Problems with the colon or rectum
So, how do you address the problem? For recurrent Constipation, minimise the use of short-term remedies like laxatives. For effective, long-term relief, you need to address the problem from the source and restore your gut health.
So as a Nutritionist, here are my 5 recommendations:
- Eat High Fiber Foods like fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Cut down on low fiber foods, such as meat, dairy products such as milk, cheese, and processed foods
- Eat Prebiotics & Probiotics to restore your gut microbiome balance. Prebiotic food includes fruits & vegetables, and probiotics, include curd and fermented foods. You can also easily do this by adding a NATURAL GUT HEALTH SUPPLEMENT to your daily diet.
- Drink more Water & Avoid alcohol and caffeine
- Get regular exercise: Moving your body will keep your bowels moving, too
- Regularise your bowel habits: Do not delay if you feel the urge for a bowel movement, train your muscles to have a bowel movement at the same time each day, and raise your knees by putting your feet on a footstool when having a bowel movement.
Hope these suggestions will help you. Always Remember, A Healthy Gut is a Healthy You.