Recurrent Gas or Bloating? Here’s What Experts Recommend.
Bloating or Gas is a condition in which there is a feeling of tightness, pressure or fullness in your stomach. It can be very uncomfortable & painful and a recurring problem.
What are the Common Causes of Gas?
- Gassy foods like potato, cabbage, soft drinks, some medications
- Sensitivity to certain foods like lactose, fructose and the carbs in wheat and beans
- Gut problems like Imbalance of gut bacteria, disorders like IBS & IBD
- Improper Digestion leading to a build-up of digestive contents & recurrent constipation
- Physical changes like weight gain, hormonal fluctuations especially in women
So, how do you address the problem?
For recurrent Bloating or Gas, minimise the use of short-term remedies like anti-gas medications. For effective, long-term relief, you need to address the problem from the source - eliminate foods that trigger the problem & restore your gut microbiome balance.
So as a Nutritionist, my 5 recommendations:
- Eliminate Gassy foods that make you feel bloated from your diet
- Observe your Food sensitivities carefully: For eg, If Dairy products like milk, butter, and paneer make you feel bloated, you’re probably lactose intolerant. Replace with lactose-free alternatives
- Eat Prebiotics & Probiotics to restore your healthy gut bacteria balance. Prebiotic foods include fruits & vegetables, and probiotics, include curd and fermented foods. You can also easily do this by adding a NATURAL GUT HEALTH SUPPLEMENT to your daily diet.
- Practice Mindful eating: Eat slowly, chew well and stop before you feel full
- Choose a healthier lifestyle: Avoid processed foods, Drink enough water, exercise
Take care & Remember, A Healthy Gut is a Healthy You.