Prebiotics For Weight Control
Overweight or obese?
The World Health Organization (WHO) defines ‘overweight’ with a BMI (Body Mass Index) between 25.0 and 29.9 kg/m2. If the BMI is greater or equal to 30.0 kg/m2, it is called ‘obesity.’ Whether one is overweight or obese, it simply means having excess body fat. Excess of body fat may lead to poor health – mental or physical and compromised quality of life. It may even increase our risk of diseases like diabetes, heart problems, high blood pressure, polycystic ovaries (PCODs), menstrual irregularities, infertility, and certain types of cancers etc. Obesity/overweight can be due to many factors like genetics, stress, emotional disturbances, poor sleep, medications, and choice of lifestyle, including one’s food habits and exercise.
The bacteria in our gut plays an essential role in controlling our weight. The gut bacteria take an active part in digestion and absorption of the food we eat. Like with all living organisms, the bacteria in our gut also requires food to grow. Prebiotics are the food for these gut bacteria. And what are Prebiotics? - Prebiotics are fiber which our body cannot digest, so they pass through the gut and become food for the bacteria.
“Many of us might not be aware that prebiotics plays an important part in weight loss. In fact, prebiotics can be one of the best strategies for weight loss going by recent studies globally. Consumption of prebiotics are absolutely safe, well-tolerated and apt for long term use. Foods rich in prebiotics give a feeling of fullness, enhances appetite control, manages calorie storage and expenditure, thus helping in weight control.” Sarika Chugh - Nutrition Expert
What is the role of Prebiotics in weight loss?
- Prebiotics helps in the absorption of intestinal fat and thus promotes weight loss.
- Prebiotics delays the absorption of calories into the bloodstream; therefore, impeding weight gain.
- Foods rich in Prebiotics promote satiety, giving you a feeling of fullness so that you don’t get hunger pangs.
ActiFiber Natural weight Control is fiber Nutrition with Prebiotic advantage
How can you include Prebiotics in your diet?
- Include whole grains like wheat, bran, barley, and oats in your main meals
- Vegetables like asparagus, garlic, chicory, onion, tomatoes, artichoke, savoury cabbage can be a part of your lunch or dinner
- Legumes like peas, rajmah and soybeans can accompany your main meals
- Snack on fiber-rich fruits like apple, banana, grapefruit, berries, custard apple
- Reading food labels and selecting products with high fiber content.
- You can also add prebiotic supplements to ensure its adequate supply.
ActiFiber Natural Weight Control is a 100% Natural Dietary Fiber Nutrition with Prebiotic Advantage which helps in the growth of good bacteria in your gut, regulating body weight by balancing your appetite and manages your calorie storage and expenditure. It helps in a steady reduction in your hunger pangs from day 1 and reduces extra calorie consumption in 1 week. By adding ActiFiber Natural Weight Control to all your main meals, you get a sustained reduction in Body Weight, BMI and Body Fat in just 8 weeks. Thus, leading to healthy weight loss that lasts.