Tips and Tricks for Weight Loss
According to WHO, health is a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease. Right or ideal body weight, balanced nutrition and physical activity are the main pillars of a person’s physical health and well-being. Taking proper care of these aspects will help you reduce the risk of developing severe health conditions, like diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, stroke, and cancer.
Losing weight or maintaining the ideal body weight can be easy if done in the right manner. Eating a well-balanced diet with regular exercise helps you to lose extra kilos and maintains body weight. Here are a few tips and tricks which can help you to lose your weight and maintain it well.
Follow Good food habits
- Choose carbohydrates intelligently. Prefer whole grains over refined carbohydrates like white bread, white rice, white pasta etc.
- Include high fiber foods like fruits, vegetables, salads etc in your daily diet. Fiber gives you a feeling of fullness and controls hunger pangs
- Include the right amount of high-quality protein in your diet as protein increases give you a feeling of fullness.
- Opt for healthy options when it comes to bakery like bake cake at home with whole wheat flour and natural sweetener like dates and other fruits. Avoid bakery items like cakes, pastries, biscuits etc as they are rich in refined cereals and sugar and do not provide any fiber.
- Include lots of fresh vegetables and fruits in your daily diet as they are rich in vitamins and minerals. Do not forget to include green leafy vegetables every day.
- For cooking, use a mix of oils rather than a single oil. Polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) and monounsaturated fatty acids(MUFA) containing vegetable oils are preferred (sunflower oil, olive oil, safflower oil, corn oil, groundnut oil etc) instead of animal fat and saturated fatty acids (butter, ghee, coconut oil or palm oil).
- Keep healthy snacks around you, whether at home or in office. This helps you avoid foods high in sugar and fat content. Some of the healthy snack options are:
- Nuts with no added sugar and salt
- Vegetable soups
- Fruits etc
Be well hydrated
- Drink plenty of water. It has been seen that sometimes we are thirsty, but we feel we are hungry. So, instead of drinking water, we end up taking extra calories by consuming food.
- Drinking lemon water, coconut water, vegetable soup, vegetable juices should be preferred over carbonated drinks and fruit juices
- Limit your alcohol intake as it only gives you empty calories
Have a healthy lifestyle
- Do not skip any meal – by skipping meals, you end up eating more calories in the next meal or in between the meals in the form of snacks. Moreover, if you do not eat for a longer period, your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) slows down.
- Prefer light and early dinner
- Eat slowly and eat three fourth stomach full– eating slowly helps the brain to register that your stomach is full and prevents from consuming extra calories
- Avoid eating while watching TV, working, or driving as this increases your calorie consumption unknowingly
- Serve yourself in smaller portions- this helps you to take care of your portion size and never eat directly from food containers as it becomes difficult to assess how much you have eaten
- Modify your method of cooking. Boiling, steaming, pressure cooking, air frying with no additional fats can be preferred.
- Do not skip your regular exercise. Exercise not only helps you burn extra calories but also prevents you from many lifestyle diseases like diabetes, heart problems etc.
Eat healthy, live healthy - Add ActiFiber Natural Weight Control to your normal homemade food. It is a 100% Natural Dietary Fiber Nutrition with Prebiotic Advantage for Healthy Weight Loss That Lasts.